Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Parts 2 and 3 of the Birthday Weekend

Despite the huge disappointment of Saturday, I still had a pretty good birthday.  I spent all of Saturday moping and listening to Ani DiFranco then my friend Annie came over that night.  She had a grumpy day too so we went to Trader Joe's to be grumpy together and spoil ourselves with treats.  That was awesome.  We cheered each other up and bought a bunch of good stuff for Sunday brunch.  After shopping we came home and watched Avatar.  It has all of the messed up racist undertones of Ferngully, Dances With Wolves, and Disney's Pocahontas.  I had to keep reminding myself to just look at the pretty pictures and not listen go the terrible dialogue.  

When people came over for brunch on Sunday they brought over a bunch of goodies (i.e. ice cream, fancy juice for mimosas, vegan and gluten free cupcakes, coconut adobo, etc.).  It was really chill (which is what I like) and I got to spend time with lovely people that I don't see very often.  I was very satisfied with how that went and I felt much less like a friendless loser.  Also my dad called me at midnight at the official start of my birthday so that was nice.

Monday, the official birthday, I had a super slow morning.  First, I had a Skype appointment with my therapist to get my head shrunk.  Second, I gave myself the biweekly T shot.  Then, I made my way down to the Olympus Women's Spa in Lakewood.  My time is limited there since I am not on testosterone.  Once I start getting manly, I won't be able to go.  There is free entrance on your birthday until 2012.  I bought myself a body scrub so I could be manhandled and sanded down by a burly Korean woman.  Now, I'm smooth as a baby's bottom.  After spending several hours soaking and laying on hot stones, I stopped by the Korean market for some grub.  Bliss...

No comments:

Post a Comment