Monday, October 3, 2011

Newish job

So, I moved into a new position last week at the food coop which means a $1 raise.  Instead of bagging groceries I am working in the deli now.  The people are still cool in this department.  The best thing about working in this store is all the employees and their awesomeness.  That is definitely one of my top requirements for good working conditions.  I'm still getting used to all the new things I have to do.  They have also put me on the closing shift which means I work 3 pm-11:30 pm.  Since I am such a morning person, I thought I would hate it, but I actually quite like the hours.  It gives me all of this free time during the day to do whatever I want.  Also, I won't be as affected by the shorter day hours.  I used to hate going to work in the mornings when it was dark and then leaving work when it got dark again.  This will help with my seasonal depression.  My benefits should also kick in soon which I am really excited about (how adult).  I need some new glasses, a physical, pelvic exam, etc.

I do miss my other position a little bit, especially working with the customers (which is surprising).  It was a daily source of entertainment - people do such weird things all the time and it's fascinating.  I like to make up stories and develop people's characters based on my limited interactions with them at the check stand and what they buy.  In the deli, there is much less interaction, so the customers aren't as entertaining.  I do get to shoot the shit more with the deli people which is really fun plus I hang out with all the snacks/samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment