Saturday, October 8, 2011

Birthday Blues

So, I planned a 3 part birthday extravaganza for myself: ice blocking on Saturday, brunch on Sunday, and the spa on Monday.  I don't think anyone is really going to come to any of it.  All the cool people at my job are working this weekend.  I have a friend in Oly that was supposed to come, but his dog just died.  Some people are out of town.  Most of the people I invited didn't bother to even say if they were going or not (which means they're not going).  Some people had to cancel last minute.

Getting stood up is something that I am extremely sensitive to and this is going to be that but times a million.  Normally I don't plan anything more than a drink for my birthday because it doesn't set a very high expectation and it is pretty low stress.  Last year for my birthday I celebrated it with a bunch of lovely expats that I was just getting to know and was also missing all the homies back in the U.S.  I couldn't wait to come back and hang out with all of them and I got a lot of messages of love and support.  Now that I am actually back stateside, people don't seem very interested in me, which is really twisted.

I haven't actually done any of my birthday stuff yet so this is probably premature disappointment.  I guess I just feel very unspecial at the moment.  I almost wish I was in a relationship so that someone would be obligated to spoil me and give me awesome surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment