Saturday, November 26, 2011

Post Thanksgiving Catch Up

I haven't spent Thanksgiving with my dad in a few years now.  This year I couldn't get the time off since I work at a grocery store/food coop.  Obviously, it's the busiest time of the year.  Unless there is some drastic employment change, Christmas will be the same story.  It's disheartening.  There is a lot wrong with the holidays, but I will show up for the food, the more awesome members of my family, and the homies.

I ended up spending Thanksgiving at my friend Norman's Party.  (I know it's a problematic holiday that exists in direct contradiction to the genocide of first nation people.  I go back and forth about whether or not to celebrate it.)  This was probably the gayest Thanksgiving I have ever been to.  It was awesome.  the spread included such delights as proscuitto lollipops, wasabi deviled eggs (my contribution), little smokies wrapped in bacon and caramelized brown sugar, fancy cheeses, cava, a turkey basted in white wine and butter, the creamiest mashed potatoes, boeuf bourguignon, a bloody mary bar with bacon vodka and homemade everything....MMmmmMMmmmm...  The company was great and there were dogs EVERYWHERE.  It was fantastic!


P.S.
I'll try to be more active on my blog so that you don't think I'm dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment