Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Busy November!

I have really been neglecting my blogging duties.  This fall has gone by so fast.  I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving!  I've been working a lot lately (I got scheduled for 9 days in a row) and my next day off isn't until Thanksgiving Day.  I can't help but whine about this.  Customer service work is always so draining for me.  It's hard not to roll my eyes and make bitchy comments when I'm feeling burnt out.  I can hang in there, I think. It's almost over. My coworkers are all pretty awesome and that helps.

This year I will be spending Thanksgiving with lovely friends.  Since I work at a food coop, it's really difficult to get any days off during high volume holiday shopping times.  After missing out on American holiday festivities last year in Barcelona (even if that meant my ritual holiday grumblings) I'm a little sad that I am going to have to spend it away from family and old SoCal friends again.

In other news, I got approved to increase my dose of testosterone from 25 mg to 50 mg.  I'm healthy and much happier with this treatment.  Since starting hormone therapy, I feel a lot more sane.  Some have even called me "friendly" and "bubbly".  I know, right?  It's just further confirmation that hormone therapy is the right thing for me to do.

I recently visited SIOM, another acupuncture school in Seattle.  There program seems really great and I am very much considering attending there. I have also started the enrollment process at South Seattle Community College so hopefully I will be able to start doing my prerequisites as early as January 2012.  This whole acupuncture thing is coming along slowly, but surely.  Despite grumblings about work, I'm fairly happy with where I am at.

No comments:

Post a Comment