Sunday, July 17, 2011

En route to Sidney, B.C.

Currently Duke and I are sitting in the Jetta on a ferry headed to Swartz Bay.  I am going to help out Tita Baby for a few weeks.  Per usual, I was too early for my ferry so they changed my reservation from 3:00 to 2:00.  I brought my piano books to entertain myself.  It's been a while since I've had regular access to a  piano so that is pretty exciting.  I also brought my laptop to continue with the grueling job search.

I got my T letter last week after a minor clerical mix up.  It needs to be faxed to Stohecker's  in PDX so they can send me my stuff.  I was so excited an impatient; I wanted to take it ASAP before heading to Canada so I wouldn't have to worry about sending it to Vancouver island or wait until I got back to Seattle.  It all seems so close and so far away.  I can hardly contain myself!

I have started working on the vegetable garden,  little by little.  The northwest weather has not been very summery this year and my motivation to play in the dirt only comes in short bursts.  I've only cleaned out 3 of the 4 raised beds and I need to start some seeds when I get back.  I will aim for winter veggies and herbs since it's so late in the season.  My landlady is going to reimburse me for the cost of maintaining the beds which is super rad.

Duke has adjusted well to our new living situation.  He gets along famously with my roommate's dog, Oso.  there is a nice big yard and lovely parks nearby for them to run, poop, and play in.  It seems like whenever my dad calls me he wants to talk more about Duke than how I am doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment