Saturday, June 30, 2012

Dreariest summer in Seattle? Yes, but I'm ok with that.

This lack of summer in summer is pretty terrible.  We've only had a handful of sunny days which is kind of depressing; all the more reason for me to continue my vitamin D supplements.  Despite it being dreary, it has been very drama-free so far.  That I cannot complain about.  Things are pretty stable at the moment and that feels nice.  

Summer quarter has started and I am on my last round of prerequisites for SIOM.  I've gotten all A's so far in Anatomy and Physiology, Biology, and Nutrition.  Hooray!  A&P was by far my favorite class, but it was a struggle to keep afloat while working full time.  Right now I've got my second quarter of A&P and chemistry.  It's weird to have to retake chemistry and biology when I took high level classes in high school.  The classes in high school were definitely way more intense.  I could have gotten college credits for them, but I had a streak of nervous breakdowns towards the end of high school and was incapable of following through with testing.  I've been reflecting a lot on how much better my mental health is now which of course means my relationships with people (esp. family) are much much healthier.  

I also bought one of these:  
It's too expensive to drive my car everywhere.  I work downtown for the moment and parking is a killer.  The bus also gets expensive and stops running before my night class finishes.  Unfortunately the bike keeps stalling whenever it's stopped at a light so it's not ready as a commuter vehicle quite yet :(  My roommate, Maxx, and I are working to get it fixed up.  

Here is a picture of my face approximately 11 months on T.  I don't think I look too different, but the reviews are mixed!  The most dramatic difference is how much happier I am with myself  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment