Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Reflecting By the Pool

Today is my last day in socal.  I'm at my dad's new house in Torrance soaking up as much sun as I can.  Apparently it's snowing in Seattle. Hopefully that means happy fun snow times and not dysfunctional airport. 

Most of my time here I hung out with the family.  I missed out on all the holiday gatherings so it was nice to see everyone again. Dad and Auntie Linda too Angela and I out for sushi and a movie.  In an even more epic gathering, the Pineda nuclear family sat down together for dinner for the first in 12 years.  No one had to call the cops.  We even ran into my old swim coach/science teacher at the restaurant.  

Richard flew out from Hawaii for Lauren's wedding so we got to hang out too.  That included all sorts of shopping, swamp people, and eating.  He's all mushy for some awesome lady pilot which was pretty cute to see.

Lauren's wedding was really beautiful and it went smoothly.  She had it at the Richard Nixon Library.  It was a mini reunion so I got to see high school buddies and some of their parents.  Everyone is so grown!  I felt a little odd being single, queer, and not-a-doctor, but I dressed up fancy and had fun. 

My flight is tonight at 7 which means I'll head to the airport at about 4:30.  It's been lovely, but I'm looking forward to Seattle and continuing my odd little life.


No comments:

Post a Comment